EDIT: Decided to use the old avatar from the old group here temporarily. :'D
--- This year's Scarecrow Week events will take place on the 3rd week of June(to make up for missing last year's) and the 1st week of August and run for a full 7 days---
Every time the month of August rolls around I will dedicate a week to scarecrows. You don't have to participate, but any that do are required to submit a deviation to the Scarecrow Week folder pertaining to scarecrows for each day of that week. That means one artwork pertaining to scarecrows per day for 7 days. You will know a week/month in advance so there are no surprises and you'll have plenty of time to prepare if you wish to participate. There's no prizes or anything for joining, as it's just an annual activity, but you can pick your top 7 list of scarecrow characters, draw a picture of them for each day and tell us why you like them in the artists' description. There is no rule saying you can't pick repeat characters for your list annually, but my biggest rule will be that each character has to be different for each day of the week. Exceptions will be if that character has had many different interpretations over time. Maybe every year, Batman's Scarecrow fans can choose to dedicate a week to drawing and explaining the different interpretations of the Johnathan Crane character throughout the years?
Recap on Rules for Scarecrow Week:
1. Draw a picture of 7 different scarecrows and explain why you like/chose them in the artist's description.
2. Submit one drawing per day into the Scarecrow Week folder only. Do not submit to featured.
3. ONLY submit to the scarecrow week folder DURING scarecrow week. If you want to draw your submissions in advance to get ready, go ahead, but I will remove any that are submitted before scarecrow week starts and/or after the event closes. If you have participated in past scarecrow week events and forgot to submit, go ahead and stick them in the scarecrow week folder anyway.
4. Each scarecrow MUST be different. No dedicating a week to one character(unless they fit within the exception of multiple interpretations). You can repeat the same list next year, but I usually make it my goal to feature a different character every time.
5. In the event that you miss a day, don't freak out. This event has no prizes or penalties. Just drop me a message and I'll give you permission to submit two drawings that day if you wish. I need to know you were late before you submit though so that I don't delete your submission by mistake.
6. Have fun! The pictures do not have to be full blown colored and shaded pieces. If all you have time for is 5-10 minute sketches, this is fine too.
*** Remember, this isn't a contest, just an optional activity for group members to participate in. There are no prizes or penalties. ***